FinTech|X Startup Accelerator
Tampa Bay Wave and the University of South Florida Muma College of Business are proud to announce the FinTech|X 2022 Accelerator! Thanks to this exciting new partnership, the highly specialized 90-day accelerator is attracting the most innovative fintech startups from across the U.S. to the region, turning Tampa Bay into a fintech hotspot and driving economic development!
The 2022 FinTech|X cohort is welcoming 16 high-growth fintech startups from across the United States and abroad, including companies from Israel, England, Saudi Arabia, and Germany. This cohort is incredibly diverse, with significant representation from military veterans, and LBGTQ+, minority and women founders. The cohort includes many serial entrepreneurs, some with prior exits. They have collectively raised over $15 million in early-stage financing from top tier venture capital firms.
Participating companies will benefit from the Tampa Bay Wave’s FinTech|X Advisory Council, made up of financial tech experts from Wave’s Mentor Network, as well as representatives from the program’s funding partners and other fintech experts.
Members of the 2022 FinTech|X Advisory Council include:
- Sean Connors, Kelverion Microsoft Azure Automation Consultant – USF FinTech Center
- Jim Giacobbe, President & CEO – United Solutions Company
- Steve MacDonald, CEO/Founder – MacDonald Ventures
- Wayne Miller, Executive Director – The Venture Center- Little Rock
- Shai Perez, Operating Council – DTCC
- Chris Raper, Chief Operating Officer – Smiley Technologies, Inc.
- Allan Rayson, Chief Innovation Officer – Encore Bank
- Thomas Rizzo, Exec Director Global Cash & Liquidity – JPMorgan Chase
- Tom Shen, Executive Chair – Sensibill
- John Short, Business Development Manager – Bank of America
- Kishen Sridharan, Technology Partnerships Executive – Raymond James Financial
- Kyle Taylor, Founder & CEO – The Penny Hoarder
- Chris Tyler, CPO – Block Spaces
- Michael Wiemer, FinTech Center Director – University of South Florida Muma College of Business
Special thank you to all of our sponsors: Encore Bank/Smiley Technologies, Inc., MacDonald Ventures, St. Petersburg Area Economic Development Corporation, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), Kyle Taylor (Founder of The Penny Hoarder), United Solutions Company, engageSI, and Black Dragon Capital.
To learn more about the 2022 FinTech|X Accelerator Program, visit: https://www.tampabaywave.org/fintech/