As we enter into Q4 2020, Wave companies continue to find success fundraising even during these odd times of COVID. Here are a few of the companies that have successfully either raised capital, or are deep in the process of raising capital:
- Fetefully, who recently completed the 2020 TechDiversity Accelerator cohort, has landed a lead investor out of Florida for their current seed round. This Dallas, Texas, based company is led by GiGi McDowell and is focused on the wedding and event space. Though this vertical has been hit hard from COVID, Fetefully has bucked the trend, with significant growth in 2020 following a strong launch in 2019.
- Multiple Wave TechDiversity Accelerator 2020 cohort members also closed rounds during the cohort, including Solo Funds, Vincere Health, TaxTaker, and more.
- Vacayou, a member of the 2020 TechWomen Rising Accelerator cohort that is currently in session, has landed a significant lead investor from Tampa for their current round. The company, led by industry veteran Muirgheal Montecalvo, is an online travel company specializing in wellness retreats, spa getaways, active and fitness vacation experiences.
- Script, a Wave EdTech company led by founders Aaron White and Pat Cahill, is finalizing a current round with a local Tampa investment group. Growth by Script has been significant over the past 18 months, with the company having turned over 400 schools (and growing) across the country paperless.
- RxLive, led by CEO and Harvard Business School alumnus Mark Engelen, completed a round of funding led by Seedfunders (who has also invested in Wave portfolio companies TSOLife and Vacayou). The healthtech company is currently completing the Plug and Play Accelerator program in Silicon Valley, one of the most competitive in the market.