Are you a people person? Are you a community builder? Are you oh so excellent at getting people to engage with one another? Are you obsessed with culture? If so, the Tampa Bay Wave Community Associate Internship is for you! Our culture is at the core of what we do at Wave. Because of that, we are seeking an intern to foster community engagement by building connections with our members, assist in planning community building
events and help manage member communications, announcements, and newsletters. The Community Associate Intern will also collaborate with the Community Manager to maintain, update, and strengthen the Wave’s customer relationship management (CRM) system to manage communications with current and prospective clients in a manner that is consistent with Wave’s marketing and branding strategies.
Day-to-day activities may include culture creation & development, coworking customer service, and reception desk management, community relations, and maintaining of Wave’s database of contacts. This
the internship role will be best filled by an extrovert and hyper-networker who loves people and building relationships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in tandem with our Community Manager to foster a collaborative workspace for coworking members and new/prospective clients to maximize member engagement
- Assist with receiving inbound inquiries (via Contact Us form, Meetup.com inquiries, walk-ins, etc.), funnel to appropriate Wave staff, and track in Wave’s CRM
- Assist with providing warm, thoughtful, solution-oriented customer service for current and prospective members
- Maintain coworking space, lobby, and reception area to ensure all visitors and first-time guests enjoy a positive first impression
- Work in tandem with Community Manager to conduct Onboarding process for new members (conducting tours, answering questions, etc)
- Collaborate with Community Manager to update and maintain our CRM system to effectively track our contacts through the pipeline
- Help create inbound marketing strategies to convert leads into customers
- Support Community Manager for special events setup and breakdown
- Assist with Special Projects for President/Founder, Accelerator Director, Venture Center Office Manager, and overall Marketing Team on an as-needed basis
- Identify and act on opportunities to connect members
- Administrative duties: Answering phones, delivering messages, updating CRM with member information
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently and autonomously
- Team player with an emphasis on high-quality customer service
- Entrepreneurial in nature (experience with startup organizations is a plus)
- Proficient in information systems and databases (experience with customer relationship management tools is a plus!
- Creative (experienced in design and use of design tools)
- Able to keep, maintain, and coordinate multiple schedules and projects
- Proficient in the use of technology tools and programs
- Excellent in oral and written communication skills
- A clean freak at heart. Loves organizing.
- High Emotional intelligence
- Experience in customer service
- Experience in managing and updating databases/information systems, like HubSpot
- Experience coordinating and planning events
- Strong communication/writing skills and experience sending communications to a group
- Addicted to culture, making people happy, making sure people have fun, helping to foster connections
- Experience in a nonprofit organization or similar organization that relies on outside funding
- Experience working for or founding a technology startup
About Tampa Bay Wave:
Tampa Bay Wave is a nonprofit with a mission of helping local entrepreneurs build, launch, and grow successful and impactful tech companies in Tampa Bay, and it measures results in terms of impact metrics
rather than in terms of profits. With its Accelerator Program and Venture Center/Coworking Space, Wave provides high-growth potential startups with education, flexible office space, mentorship and strategic
introductions to help them accelerate business growth. Launched in June 2008, Tampa Bay Wave supports over 200 early-stage tech firms today from the initial development stage to the point where they become second stage companies; Wave takes no equity from the startups it serves.
The Venture Center is Tampa Bay Wave’s 10,000 square foot culture-centric coworking and incubator space located in the heart of downtown Tampa. Home to roughly two dozen tech startups and dozens of crazy tech-talented coworkers, the venture center is a front-door to the Tampa Bay entrepreneurial ecosystem.