Thanks to the US Department of Commerce i6 Challenge grant that we won with USF in September 2012, Tampa Bay WaVE now operates the FirstWaVE Venture Center.
The FirstWaVE Venture Center is designed first and foremost to support our mission: to help entrepreneurs turn ideas into thriving tech ventures in Tampa Bay.
With roughly 16,000 sqft, the center is home to several local tech startups as well as entrepreneurial support organizations like Tampa Bay WaVE, Florida Next, Startup Bus Southeast, and Startup Weekend Tampa Bay. Plus, the FirstWaVE Venture Center is where you will find Tampa Bay’s largest and most exciting coworking space right in the heart of downtown Tampa.
So is the FirstWaVE Venture Center for you???
- Got an idea for a tech venture that needs vetting?
- Want to find developers, designers, UI experts and others who can help you build your tech product-based venture?
- Want to be connected to mentors and other advisors who can help you grow your tech venture?
- Want to find encouragement and inspiration from the real-life local tech entrepreneurs like you who are working on other tech ventures here in Tampa Bay?
- Are you open to to all feedback about your venture?
- Are you willing to share your expertise with others as much as you would like to tap into the expertise of the others in the center?
- Are you interested in getting introductions to investors or other sources of early-stage capital for your venture?
Join us for one of our hackathons, lunch-and-learn seminars, workshops and other tech community events. Or you can just stop by our shared coworking space where you can work alongside the area’s most experienced entrepreneurs and business innovators.
We promise, this space is never boring. There is always something abuzz, and there is always someone here to help you, to learn from or to share your ideas and experiences with.